Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cool Shows Coming Up In Eugene

There are some really great indie rock shows coming up in the Eugene area, especially in the Fall. With a young daughter it's doubtful I will make them all but I thought I'd post this anyway in order to help spread the word. I know Eugene's known as only getting jam bands and such but we get some pretty great indie shows as well.

I already have my tickets for Vampire Weekend at the McDonald Theatre on September 1st. I'm also very excited to see their opening band Beach House - their 2010 release "Teen Dream" is one of the year's best so far. Anybody want to babysit?



Coming up after that on September 11th is Walkmen and Helio Sequence at the WOW Hall. I hope to make it to this one also. Here's the track Stranded from their forthcoming release "Lisbon" also out in September.



Honorable mention: Hold Steady at WOW Hall on August 22nd (I'm going to be out of town!). Jaill is opening. They just put out an album in July on SUB POP that's really great poppy garage-rock. Blitzen Trapper is at the Eugene Celebration on August 28th. Flaming Lips at McDonald Theatre on September 29th. Dr Dog is at WOW Hall on Halloween. And Stars is at the McDonald on November 7th.

As previously stated, I won't make it to all this - but you should try. And BUY A TICKET! If you want good music to come to Eugene it needs to be supported!

No comments:

Post a Comment